From the official inauguration. From left the Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Her Majesty the Queen of Denmark and His Royal Highness the Prince. Photo: Poul Gerner
The wind farm generates electricity corresponding to the annual consumption of approximately 400.000 Danish households.
The wind farm, built by Dong Energy, is Denmark’s largest offshore wind farm and covers 4% of Denmark’s total power consumption based on CO2-free power. DWP members’ total turnover amounted to 450 million Dkr and extra employment of 330 skilled workers.
- Overall capacity: 400MW
- Number of wind turbines: 111
- Wind turbine capacity: 3.6MW
- Rotor diameter: 120 metres
- Construction period: 2012-2013
- Location: Between Djursland and the island of Anholt in the Kattegat